Need Immediate Assistance?
MICHIGAN FIRE & SMOKE RESTORATION
It is extremely important to move quick after fire or smoke damage. Our team is ready to begin helping you as soon as you give us a call.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave the doors open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to our qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures, especially if the ceiling is wet.
Mitigation is essential after smoke and fire damage
Even when the fire is out, the damage continues. Much of the material found in furniture and flooring is synthetic. When burned, synthetics create a variety of complex chemical reactions. After only a few days, these items go from cleanable to unsalvageable. If your home has been damaged by a fire, immediately call GC Masters. Our professional team will be on site and ready to help as quickly as possible.
Get A Free Quote
or call Now: (833) 625-8375
Masters saved our home, and our life. They showed up, got to work quickly and worked tirelessly to bring our home back. They even comforted us that our home – and life – would be back to normal quickly. – Terry Ramsey, Wilmington, NC
We are experienced
Our team is experienced, professional and personal
Our team of experts have a combined 49+ years of experience in damage recovery and restoration. Additionally, GC Masters’ professionals have been in business for over 5 years and its professionals have saved properties all across the country after suffering from a loss.
We Provide the Highest Quality Fire & Smoke Restoration Services in Michigan
Since 2015, we have specialized in restoring peoples’ homes – and lives. With our combined years of experience, we are a licensed and insured restoration company that has provided service in multiple states ,including the coasts where storm damage often occurs. When disaster strikes, our emergency response team does not wait for property owners to call us, we travel on site to offer our 24/7 damage recovery team to assist with immediate needs. We’ve assisted with hurricane damage repairs, tornado damage repairs, rain storm damage repairs, flooding damage repairs, fire damage repairs, and more – from the Carolina coast to the California coast. Our team is equipped to handle a wide range of restoration projects, no matter how small or large.